Remarks on algebraic decomposition of automata
- 39 Downloads
A version of the Krohn-Rhodes decomposition theorem for finite automata is proved in which capabilities as well as semigroups are preserved. Another elementary proof of the usual Krohn-Rhodes theorem is also presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Arbib (ed.),Algebraic Theory of Machines, Languages, and Semigroups, Academic Press, New York, 1968.Google Scholar
- M. Arbib,Theories of Abstract Automata, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1968.Google Scholar
- A. Ginzburg,Algebraic Theory of Automata, Academic Press, New York, 1968.Google Scholar
- J. Hartmanis andR. E. Stearns,Algebraic Structure Theory of Sequential Machines, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1966.Google Scholar
- K. Krohn andJ. Rhodes, Algebraic theory of machines, I,Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 116 (1965), 450–464.Google Scholar
- A. R. Meyer, A note on star-free events,J. Assoc. Comput. Machinery 16 (1969), 220–225.Google Scholar
- P. Zeiger, Yet another proof of the cascade decomposition theorem for finite automata,Math. Systems Theory 1 (1967), 225–288.Google Scholar