Positive dependence orderings and stopping times
We study the positive dependence of pairs of stochastic processes and examine its relation with the properties of certain stopping times. Some special cases, such as dependent random walks, Gaussian processes and exchangeable sequences of elliptically contoured random variables, are taken into account.
Key words and phrasesStochastic orderings bivariate random walks bivariate Gaussian processes exchangeable sequences
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adler, R. J. (1990).An Introduction to Continuity, Extrema and Related Topics for General Gaussian Processes, IMS Lecture Notes—Monograph Series,12, Hayward, California.Google Scholar
- Arjas, E. and Norros, I. (1984). Life lengths and association: A dynamic approach,Math. Oper. Res.,9, 151–158.Google Scholar
- Block, H. W., Sampson, A. R. and Savits, T. H. (editors) (1990).Topics in Statistical Dependence, IMS Lecture Notes—Monograph Series,16, Hayward, California.Google Scholar
- Cambanis, S., Huang, S. and Simons, G. (1981). On the theory of elliptically contoured distributions,J. Multivariate Anal.,11, 368–385.Google Scholar
- Kimeldorf, G. and Sampson, A. R. (1987). Positive dependence orderings,Ann. Inst. Statist. Math.,39, 113–128.Google Scholar
- Kimeldorf, G. and Sampson, A. R. (1989). A framework for positive dependence,Ann. Inst. Statist. Math.,41, 31–45.Google Scholar
- Lehmann, E. (1966). Some concepts of dependence,Ann. Math. Statist.,73, 1137–1153.Google Scholar