Impact of an organophosphate herbicide (GlyphosateR) on periphyton communities developed in experimental streams
- 195 Downloads
KeywordsWaste Water Water Management Water Pollution Periphyton Community Experimental Stream
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bothwell ML (1985) Phosphorus limitations of lotie periphyton growth rates: an intersite comparison using continuous-flow troughs (Thompson River system, British Columbia). Limnol Oceanogr 30:527–542Google Scholar
- Goldsborough LG, Beck AE (1989) Rapid dissipation of glyphosate in small forest ponds. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 18:537–544Google Scholar
- Holtby LB, Baillie SG (1989) Effects of the herbicide ROUNDUP (glyphosate) on periphyton in Carnation Creek, British Columbia. Proceedings of the Carnation Creek Herbicide Workshop. March, 1989Google Scholar
- Lang S, Austin A (1984) Vertical distribution of biomass and species composition of a periphyton community on an artificial substrate in an oligotrophic water-supply lake. Arch Hydrobiol 99(3):269–286Google Scholar
- Lucey WP, Deniseger J, Austin AP (1986) A comparision of algal periphyton communities developed on artificial substrata in two dissimilar containment systems. Naturaliste Can 113:153–165Google Scholar
- McQuarker NR (1976) A Laboratory Manual for the Chemical Analyses of Waters, Wastewaters, Sediments, and Biological Tissues, 2nd Edition. Environment Laboratory, Ministry of Environment, Vancouver, British ColumbiaGoogle Scholar
- Ridley-Thomas C (1989) Proximate composition of periphyton communities growing in experimental streams, M.Sc. thesis, University of Victoria, Victoria, B.C., CanadaGoogle Scholar
- Ridley-Thomas C, Austin AP, Lucey WP, Clark MJR (1989) Variability in the determination of ash free dry weight for periphyton communities: a call for a standard method. Wat Res 23(6):667–670Google Scholar
- Steinman AD, McIntire (1986) Effects of current velocity and light energy on the structure of periphyton assemblages in laboratory streams. J Phycol 22:352–361Google Scholar
- Wan MT (1986) The persistence of glyphosate and its metabolite amino-methyl-phosphonic acid in some coastal British Columbia streams. Dept of the Environment, EPS, Pacific and Yukon Region, Report 85-01Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc. 1991