Toxicity of 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in larval and adult forms ofRana catesbeiana
- 40 Downloads
Varying doses of TCDD ranging from 25 to 1000 μg/kg were administered to the larval and adult forms of the American bullfrog,Rana catesbeiana. Doses of TCDD as high as 1 mg/kg failed to have any significant effect upon survival or completion of metamorphosis in tadpole and doses of up to 500 μg/kg had no effect on survival of adult frogs. Histopathological examination of various tissues from the metamorphosed tadpoles and adult frogs failed to show any abnormalities.
KeywordsToxicity Waste Water Water Management Water Pollution Histopathological Examination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- MILLER, R.A., L.A. NORRIS, and C.L. HAWKES: Environ. Health Perspec.5, 177 (1973).Google Scholar
- NEUBERT, D., P. ZENS, A. ROTHENWALLNER, and H.J. MERKER: Environ. Health Perspec.5, 67 (1973).Google Scholar
- NORRIS, L.A. and R.A. MILLER: Bull. Environ. Contam. & Toxic.12(1) 76 (1974).Google Scholar
- SCHWETZ, B.A., J.M. NORRIS, G.L. SPARSCHU, V.K. ROWE, P.J. GEHRING, J.L. EMERSON, and C.G. GERBIG: Environ. Health Perspec.5, 87 (1973).Google Scholar
- TAYLOR, A.C. and J.J. KOLLROS: Anat. Record.94, 7 (1946).Google Scholar