Statistical processing of anisotropy of magnetic susceptibility measured on groups of specimens
- 612 Downloads
The theory of multivariate statistical processing of the anisotropy of magnetic susceptibility, measured on a group of specimens, originating from a single geological body (outcrop, locality, etc.), is described. The result of the processing is an estimate of the mean normalized tensor and the estimates of the principal susceptibilities, derived from it, together with the respective intervals of confidence, and the estimates of the principal directions with the respective regions of confidence. An anisotropy test for a group of specimens is proposed. The function of the ANS21 computer program employed is briefly described and an example of its output plot is presented.
KeywordsAnisotropy Computer Program Statistical Processing Structural Geology Principal Direction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. W. Girdler: The Measurements and Computation of Anisotropy of Magnetic Susceptibility of Rocks. Geoph. journ. R.A.S., 5 (1961), 34.Google Scholar
- F. Janák: Determination of Anisotropy of Magnetic Susceptibility of Rocks. Studia geoph. et geod., 9 (1965), 290.Google Scholar
- V. Jelínek: Precision AC Bridge Set for Measuring Magnetic Susceptibility of Rocks and Its Anisotropy. Studia geoph. et geod., 17 (1973), 36.Google Scholar
- V. Jelínek: The Statistical Theory of Measuring Anisotropy of Magnetic Susceptibility of Rocks and Its Application. Geofyzika, n. p., Brno 1976. (Not published — can be obtained from Geofyzika, N. C.).Google Scholar
- R. A. Fisher: Dispersion on a Sphere. Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond., A217 (1953), 295.Google Scholar
- G. R. Hext: The Estimation of Second-order Tensors, with Related Tests and Designs. Biometrika, 50 (1963), 353.Google Scholar
- T. W. Anderson: An Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis. J. Wiley and Sons, New York, Chapman and Hall, London 1958.Google Scholar
- K. V. Mardia: Statistics of Directional Data. Acad. Press, London and New York 1972.Google Scholar
- F. Hrouda, O. Kolofíková, V. Konečný: Magnetic Fabric in Rocks. To be published in the bull. „Západné Karpaty“ (edited by the Slovak Academy of Sciences).Google Scholar