The classical Debye field is replaced by the respective quantum modification for a hot quantum plasma. The bremsstrahlung spectrum and the total bremsstrahlung intensity are investigated in detail. The results of numerical calculations are tabulatedvs. the characteristic parameterβ=ℏω0 /kT, whereω0 is the plasma frequency and other symbols have their standard meaning. It is found that the deviations from the bremsstrahlung of a classical plasma become significant for the valuesβ≳10−2. These modifications are to be taken into consideration in the interpretation of the bremsstrahlung measurements.
KeywordsNumerical Calculation Plasma Frequency Quantum Modification Quantum Plasma Standard Meaning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Post R. F., Rev. Mod. Phys.28 (1956), 338.Google Scholar
- Greene J., Astrophys. Journ.130 (1959), 693.Google Scholar
- Kvasnica J., Czech. J. Phys.B 10 (1960), 14.Google Scholar
- Bekefi G., Radiation Processes in Plasmas, John Willey & Sons, Inc., New York 1967.Google Scholar
- Kvasnica J., Czech. J. Phys.B 23 (1973), 888.Google Scholar
- Kracík J.,Šesták B.,Aubrecht L., Foundations of Classical and Quantum Plasma Physics (in Czech), Academia Prague 1974.Google Scholar