A new method for tightening the orbicularis oculi muscles during blepharoplasty
Long-term results in 248 patients who underwent electrocoagulation to tighten the orbicular muscles of the eyes have proved that the technique is not only safe but highly satisfactory.
Key wordsBlepharoplasty electrocoagulation orbicular muscles of the eye muscle tightening
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stephenson KL: The history of blepharoplasty to correct blepharochalasis.Aesth Plast Surg 1:177, 1977Google Scholar
- 2.Baker TJ, Gordon HL, Monsienko P: Upper lid blepharoplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg 60:692, 1977Google Scholar
- 3.Castanares S: Blepharoplasty for herniated intraorbital fat; anatomical basis for a new approach.Plast Reconstr Surg 8:46, 1951Google Scholar
- 4.Rees TD: Patient selection and techniques in blepharoplasty and rhytidoplasty.Surg Clin N Am 51:22, 1971Google Scholar
- 5.Spira M: Lower blepharoplasty. A clinical study.Plast Reconstr Surg 59:35, 1977Google Scholar
- 6.Rogers BO: Cosmetic blepharoplasty using an electro-cauterization technique.Aesth Plast Surg 1:263, 1977Google Scholar
- 7.Rogers BO: Personal communication. 1977Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc. 1979