Forward charge asymmetry in low-PT photoproduction of hadrons
The charged particle asymmetry, (n+−n−)/(n++n−), in inclusive photoproduction of charged particles on protons has been studied as a function ofxF andpT in the rangesxF>0 and 0<pT<2 GeV/c and for photon energies in the range 65<Eγ<175 GeV. The asymmetry is found to be positive and decreasing withEγ. Asymmetries of π's and K's in the final state have been obtained separately. Data from a carbon target show a significantly lower asymmetry. These results have been compared with a parton, recombination model which provides a qualitative explanation for the asymmetry and itsxF andEγ dependences. The model also gives a qualitative understanding of the lower asymmetry seen with the nuclear target.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.R. O'Dell et al.: Phys. Rev. D 36 (1987) 1Google Scholar
- 2.R.J. Apsimon et al.: Z. Phys. C — Particles and Fields 43, (1989) 63Google Scholar
- 3.R. Apsimon et al.: Nucl. Instrum. Methods A248 (1986) 76Google Scholar
- 4.M. Baake et al.: Nucl. Instrum. Methods A281 (1989) 325Google Scholar
- 5.WA69 collaboration: Comparison of photo and hadroproduction of ρ0-mesons as a function ofx F andp T, in preparationGoogle Scholar