On the computation of Mathieu functions
- 69 Downloads
The aim of this paper is to propose a fast numerical method for the computation of Mathieu functions. These functions can be used to solve the (reduced) wave equation on an elliptic domain in two space dimensions. In the first part of this paper the theoretical background of the method is discussed, while in the second part the algol procedures are presented.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Wave Equation Industrial Mathematic Theoretical Background Space Dimension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. W. McLachlan,Theory and applications of Mathieu functions, Clarendon Press, Oxford, England, 1947.Google Scholar
- M. Abramowitz and I. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions N.B.S.,Applied Mathematical Series 55, U. S. Government Printing Office, Washington D.C., 1964.Google Scholar
- G. Blanch, Numerical evaluation of continued fractions,Siam Review 6, p. 383, 1964.Google Scholar
- D. J. Green and S. Michaelson, Series solution of certain Sturm Liouville eigenvalue problems,The Computer Journal 7, p. 322, 1965.Google Scholar
- J. H. Wilkinson,The algebraic eigenvalue problem, 1965.Google Scholar
- Mathematical tables 5, tables 12 and 14, p. 31 and 33.Google Scholar
- J. H. Wilkinson, Rigorous error bounds for computed eigensystems.The Computer Journal 4, p. 230.Google Scholar