The deformation of the ground and excited states in the Ag and Sn nuclei
- 29 Downloads
The microscopic calculation of the potential energies in the ground and excited states of Ag and Sn nuclei has been performed. The single particle Nilsson potential and the shell correction Strutinski method have been used.
The weak sensitivness to nonaxial deformation has been found for even neighbours of these nuclei. The small tendency towards prolate deformation of the ground and excited one-quasiparticle states originating from theg9/2 proton subshell in101–105Ag odd isotopes has been noticed. The behaviour with quadrupole e and hexadecapole ε4 deformation of the ground and two-quasiparticle excited 0+ states originating from thed5/2,g9/2 andg7/2 proton subshells andh11/2 neutron subshell in112–118Sn has been investigated. The small quadrupole deformation of the excited 0+ states has been found what is in agreement with the experimental data concerning the rotational bands build on the first excited 0+ states in Sn isotopes.
KeywordsExperimental Data Excited State Potential Energy Elementary Particle Single Particle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kalshoven, A.W.B., Hesselink, W.H.A., Ludziejewski, J., van Rayven, J.J., Verheul, H.: Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. on Nuclei far from stability. Cargèse, Corsica (France) Cern Report 76-13, 395 (1976)Google Scholar
- 2.Ludziejewski, J., Bron, J., Hesselink, W.H.A., Kalshoven, A.W.B., van Poelgeest, A., Verheul, H.: Proc. Int. Conf. Nucl. Structure, Tokyo, 331 (1977)Google Scholar
- 3.Jackson, S.V., Walters, W.B., Meyer, R.A.: Phys. Rev. C13, 803 (1976)Google Scholar
- 4.Bron, J., Hesselink, W.H.A., Peker, L.K., van Poelgeest, A., Uitzinger, J., Verheul, H., Zalmstra, J.: Proc. Int. Conf. Nucl. Structure, Tokyo, 348 (1977)Google Scholar
- 5.Dietrich, W., Bäcklin, A., Lamergard, C.O., Ragnarsson, I.: Nucl. Phys. A235, 429 (1975)Google Scholar
- 6.Nilsson, S.G.: Mat. Fys. Meed. Dan. Vid. Selsk.29, no 16 (1955)Google Scholar
- 7.Larsson, S.E.: Phys. Scripta8, 431 (1973)Google Scholar
- 8.Strutinski, V.M.: Nucl. Phys. A142, 1 (1970)Google Scholar
- 9.Ragnarsson, I.: Proc. Int. Conf. on the Properties of Nuclei far from the Region of Beta Stability, Leysin (1970), Switzerland CERN Report 70-30, 847 (1970)Google Scholar