The low-frequency unclamped electro-optic coefficients of proustite have been measured at an optical wavelength of 0.6328μm. The results show thatr22 is comparable to that of lithium niobate,r13 andr33 are considerably lower. The maximum theoretical value is calculated at 10.8×10−12 m/V about three times the largest measured coefficient value.
KeywordsLithium Communication Network Lithium Niobate Optical Wavelength Proustite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. F. Hulme, O. Jones, P. H. Davies, andM. V. Hobden,Appl. Phys. Letters 10 (1967) 133–135.Google Scholar
- 2.B. Trevelyan, “Microwave Optical Communication Systems”, M.Sc. dissertation (University of Surrey, 1967).Google Scholar
- 3.F. N. H. Robinson,Bell System Tech. J. 46 (1967) 913–956.Google Scholar
- 4.R. C. Miller,Appl. Phys. Lett. 5 (1964) 17–19.Google Scholar
- 5.C. G. B. Garrett andF. N. H. Robinson,IEEE J. Quant. Electr. QE-2 (1966) 328–329.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Pursey, P. A. Merran, andB. Trevelyan,Nature 210 (1966) 511–512.Google Scholar
- 7.P. V. Lenzo, E. G. Spencer, andK. Nassau,J. Op. Soc. Am. 56 (1966) 633–635.Google Scholar