The Stark broadening of the He I 667.8 nm line
- 28 Downloads
The half-width and asymmetry parameter of the He I 21P–31D λ=667.8 nm line have been measured in a laser produced He plasma for electron densitiesN e between 7×1022 m−3 and 1.7×1023 m−3. Results, obtained for the half-width, agree very well with the theoretical results forN e ≲1023 m−3 and the agreement becomes somewhat worse forN e >1023 m−3. We have measured the red asymmetry which is considerable lower than the theoretical one. We have also established good agreement with theoreticalj A,R (x) profile for this line.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Griem, H.R.: Spectral line broadening by plasmas. New York: Academic Press 1974Google Scholar
- 2.Griem, H.R., Baranger, M., Kolb, A.C., Oertel, G.K.: Phys. Rev.125, 177 (1962)Google Scholar
- 3.Griem, H.R.: Phys. Rev.128, 515 (1962)Google Scholar
- 4.Konjević, N., Dimitrijević, M.S., Wiese, W.L.: J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data13, 619 (1984)Google Scholar
- 5.Bassalo, J.M., Cattani, M., Walder, V.S.: JQSRT28, 75 (1982)Google Scholar
- 6.Dimitrijević, M.S., Sahal-Bréchot, S.: JQSRT31, 301 (1984)Google Scholar
- 7.Ya'akobi, B., George, E.V., Bekefi, G., Hawryluk, R.J.: J. Phys. B5, 1017 (1972)Google Scholar
- 8.Vujiić, B.T.: The physics of ionized gases. Popović, M.M., Krstić, P. (eds.) p. 747. SPIG'84. Singapore: World Scientific 1985Google Scholar
- 9.Ćirković, Lj.M., Vujiić, B.T., Gliić, S.M.: J. Phys. D15, 229 (1982)Google Scholar
- 10.Vujičić, B.T.: Ph.D. Thesis, Beograd 1984Google Scholar
- 11.Woltz, L.A.: JQSRT36, 547 (1986)Google Scholar