Regularity and stability for the mathematical programming problem in Banach spaces
- 639 Downloads
This paper deals with a regularity assumption for the mathematical programming problem in Banach spaces. The attractive feature of our constraint qualification is the fact that it can be considered as a condition on the active part only of the constraint, and that it is preserved under small perturbations. Moreover, we show that our condition is “almost” equivalent to the existence of a non-empty and weakly compact set of Lagrange multipliers. The main step in the proof of our results is a generalization of the open mapping theorem.
KeywordsBanach Space System Theory Mathematical Method Lagrange Multiplier Programming Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aubin, J. P., and Clarke, F. H.: Multiplicateurs de Lagrange en optimisation non convexe et applications,C. R. Acad. Sc. Paris, Série A, 285, 451–454 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.Day, M. M.:Normed linear spaces, 3rd. edition, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.Dugundji, J.:Topology, Allyn and Bacon, Boston-London-Sydney-Toronto, 1966.Google Scholar
- 4.Gauvin, J., and Tolle, J. W.: Differential stability in nonlinear programming,SIAM Journal of Control and Optimization 15, 294–311 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.Krein, M. G., and Rutman, M.: Linear operators leaving invariant a cone in a Banach space,Uspehi Mat. Nauk. SSSR, 3, 3–95 (1948).Google Scholar
- 6.Kurcyusz, S.: On the existence and nonexistence of Lagrange multipliers in Banach spaces,Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 20, 81–110 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.Robinson, S. M.: Normed convex processes,Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 174, 127–140 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.Robinson, S. M.: Stability theory for systems of inequalities in nonlinear programming, part II: differentiable nonlinear systems,SIAM Journal of Numerical Analysis, 13, 497–513 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.Schaefer, H. H.:Topological vector spaces, MacMillan, New York, 1966.Google Scholar
- 10.Zowe, J.: A remark on a regularity assumption for the mathematical problem in Banach spaces,Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 25 (1978).Google Scholar