Photo-induced electron transfer in surfactant solutions containing thionine dye
- 73 Downloads
The mechanism of photovoltage generation in the micellar solution of nonionic surfactants incorporating thionine dye involves charge-transfer (CT) or electron donor acceptor (EDA) interaction; the dye acts as the electron acceptor and the surfactants act as the electron donors. This is well corroborated by the spectral studies of the systems. The thermodynamic and spectral properties of the complexes are presented. The photovoltage generation, the spectral shifts due to complexation, and the thermodynamic properties of the complexes are found to be well correlated.
Key wordsThioninedye surfactant photogalvaniceffect charge-transferinteraction thermodynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kalyanasundaram K (1978) Chem Soc Rev 7:453Google Scholar
- 2.Matsuo TK, Kano K, Nagamura T (1979) Polym Prepr Am Chem Soc, Div Polym Chem 20:1087Google Scholar
- 3.Moroi Y, Braun AM, Grätzel M (1979) J Am Chem Soc 101:567Google Scholar
- 4.Moroi Y, Infelta PR Grätzel M (1979) J Am Chem Soc 101:573Google Scholar
- 5.Turro NJ, Grätzel M, Braun AM (1980) Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 19:675Google Scholar
- 6.Bhowmik BB, Mukhopadhyay M (1988) Colloid Polym Sci 266:672Google Scholar
- 7.Rohatgi-Mukherjee KK, Chaudhuri R, Bhowmik BB (1985) J Colloid Interface Sci 106:45Google Scholar
- 8.Benesi HA, Hildebrand JH (1949) J Am Chem Soc 71:2703Google Scholar
- 9.Mulliken R S, Person WB (1969) Molecular Complexes. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar