Defect correction for nonlinear elliptic difference equations
The present paper is concerned with the study of a high-order defect correction technique for discretizations of nonlinear elliptic boundary value problems. The convergence of the method is analyzed in general and, in more detail, for a specific example. The algorithmic combination of defect correction and multigrid techniques is also discussed.
Subject ClassificationsAMS(MOS) 65B05 65N20 CR: G1.8
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Auzinger, W.: Defect corrections for multigrid solutions of the Dirichlet problem in general domains. Math. Comput. 1987 (to appear)Google Scholar
- 2.Auzinger, W., Stetter, H.J.: Defect corrections and multigrid iterations. Lect. Notes Math., vol. 960, pp. 327–351. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1982Google Scholar
- 3.Brandt, A.: Multigrid methods: 1984 Guide with applications to fluid dynamics. Arbeitspapiere der GMD, no. 85, St. Augustin, Germany 1984Google Scholar
- 4.Hackbusch, W.: Multi-grid methods and applications. Springer Series in Computational Mathematics, vol. 4. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, Tokyo: Springer 1985Google Scholar
- 5.Hackbusch, W.: On multigrid iterations with defect corrections. Lect. Notes Math., vol. 960, pp. 461–473. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1982Google Scholar
- 6.Stetter, H.J.: The defect correction principle and discretization methods. Numer. Math.29, 425–443 (1978)Google Scholar
- 7.Stüben, K., Trottenberg, U.: Multigrid methods: Fundamental algorithms, model problem analysis and applications. Lect. Notes Math., vol. 960, pp. 1–176. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1982Google Scholar