Chebyshevian multistep methods for ordinary differential equations
- 132 Downloads
In this paper some theory of linear multistep methods fory(r)(x)=f(x,y) is extended to include smooth, stepsize-dependent coefficients. Treated in particular is the case where exact integration of a given set of functions is desired.
KeywordsDifferential Equation Ordinary Differential Equation Mathematical Method Multistep Method Linear Multistep Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bettis, D. G.: Numerical integration of products of fourier and ordinary polynomials. Numer. Math.14, 421–434 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.Dahlquist, G.: Convergence and stability in the numerical integration of ordinary differential equations. Math. Scand.4, 33–53 (1956).Google Scholar
- 3.Gautschi, W.: Numerical integration of ordinary differential equations based on trigonometric polynomials. Numer. Math.3, 381–397, (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.Henrici, P.: Discrete variable methods in ordinary differential equations. New York: Wiley 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.Salzer, H. E.: Trigonometric interpolation and predictor-corrector formulas for numerical integration. ZAMM42, 403–412 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.Stiefel, E., Bettis, D. G.: Stabilization of Cowells method Numer. Math.13, 154–175 (1969).Google Scholar