A simple construction for the Fischer-Griess monster group
- 480 Downloads
KeywordsSimple Construction Monster Group
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Griess, R.L.: The Friendly Giant. Invent. Math.69, 1–102 (1982)Google Scholar
- 2.Parker, R.A., Conway, J.H.: A remarkable Moufang loop, with an application to the Fischer group Fi24. In press (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Conway, J.H.: Three lectures on exceptional groups. In: Finite Simple Groups. Higman, G., Powell, M. (eds.) London: Academic Press 1971Google Scholar
- 4.Tits, J.: Remarks on Griess's construction of the Monster, I, II, III, IV. PreprintGoogle Scholar
- 5.Frenkel, I., Lepowsky, J., Meurman, A.: A natural representation of the Fischer-Griess Monster with the modular functionj as character. Preprint, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, California, 1984Google Scholar
- 6.Fischer, B., Livingstone, D., Thorne, M.: The characters of the Monster group. University of Birmingham, 1978Google Scholar
- 7.Griess, R.L.: The Monster and its Nonassociative Algebra. To appear in the proceedings of the conference: “Finite Groups: Coming of Age”, Montreal 1982Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1985