Collocation methods for differential-algebraic equations of index 3
- 98 Downloads
This article give sharp convergence results for stiffly accurate collocation methods as applied to differential-algebraic equations (DAE's) of index 3 in Hessenberg form, proving partially a conjecture of Hairer, Lubich, and Roche.
Mathematics Subject Classification (1991)65L06
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brenan, K.E., Campbell, S.L., Petzold, L.R. (1989): Numerical Solution of Initial-Value Problems in Differential-Algebraic Equations. North-Holland New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Brenan, K.E., Petzold, L.R. (1989): The numerical solution of higher index differential algebraic equations by implicit Runge-Kutta methods. SIAM J. Numer. Anal.26, 976–996Google Scholar
- 3.Hairer, E., Lubich, C., Roche, M. (1989) The Numerical Solution of Differential-Algebraic Systems by Runge-Kutta Methods. Lect. Notes Math.1409 Google Scholar
- 4.Hairer, E., Nørsett, S.P., Wanner, G. (1987): Solving Ordinary Differential Equations I. Nonstiff Problems. Comput. Math.8 Google Scholar
- 5.Hairer, E., Wanner, G. (1991): Solving Ordinary Differential Equations II. Stiff and Differential-Algebraic Problems. Comput. Math.14 Google Scholar
- 6.Lubich, C. (1992): Imegration of stiff mechanical systems by Runge-Kutta methods Report, SAM/ETH, ZürichGoogle Scholar