Intrinsic critical current of Ag-clad (Bi,Pb)2Sr2Ca2Cu3O z tapes
- 17 Downloads
True zero-field critical current densityJ c of a well-characterized BPSCCO/Ag tape has been determined by means of high-resolution ac susceptibility in the temperature range 77–110 K. The resultant values (30,000 A/cm2 at 77 K) agree well with the transportJ c of the same tape. Because of a very thin BPSCCO, the coreJ c determined from the imaginary part of the ac susceptibility is nearly the same as the zero field one. AllJ c 's follow the same (1-T/T c )n withn=1.45 dependence.J c shows an approximateH−0.5 field dependence over the explored temperature range. Accordingly, the variations ofJ c withT andH seem to be determined by the flux creep.
Key wordsCritical current Ag/Bi-2223 tape flux creep ac susceptibility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. X. Dou, H. K. Liu, and Y. C. Guo,Appl. Phys. Lett. 60, 2929 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Thaehiki and S. Takahashi,Solid State Commun. 70, 291, (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Jin, R. B. van Dover, T. H. Tiefel, J. E. Graebner, and N. D. Spencer,Appl. Phys. Lett. 58, 868 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.J. E. Tkaczyk, R. H. Arendt, M. F. Garbauskas, H. R. Hart, K. W. Lay, and F. E. Luborsky,Phys. Rev. B 45, 12506 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.L. N. Bulaevski, J. R. Clem, L. I. Glazman, and A. P. Malozemoff,Phys. Rev. B 45, 2545 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.Ž. Marohnić and E. Babić, inMagnetic Susceptibility of Superconductors and Other Spin Systems, R. A. Hein, T. L. Francavilla, and D. H. Liebenberg, eds. (Plenum Press, New York, 1991), pp. 267–287.Google Scholar
- 7.E. Babić, M. Prester, D. Drobac. Ž. Marohnić, and N. Biskup,Phys. Rev. B 43, 1162 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.C. P. Bean,Rev. Mod. Phys. 36, 31 (1964).Google Scholar