Nuclear matter in nonlinear σ model
- 16 Downloads
In a simple version of the nonlinear σ model the nuclear matter behaves as a system of nucleons interacting via two-body forces with a radius which decreases with increasing density. This allows us to apply the Khodel-Shaginyan method which is adjusted to our approach by taking into account the pseudoscalar-isovector symmetry of pion field and both the scalar and pseudoscalar effective interactions. In contrast to the QHD  there is no vacuum corrections in our approach.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B.D. Serot and J.D. Walecka, Advances in Nuclear Physics,16 (1986).Google Scholar
- J.A. McNeil, C.E. Price and J.R. Shepard, Phys. Rev. C47 (1993) 1534.Google Scholar
- R. Brockman and J. Frank, Phys. Rev. Lett.68 (1992) 1830.Google Scholar
- C. Bedau and F. Beck, Nucl. Phys. A560 (1993) 518.Google Scholar
- V.A. Khodel and V.R. Shaginyan, Nucl. Phys. A500 (1989) 242.Google Scholar
- D. Pines and P. Nozieres “The theory of quantum liquids”, N.Y., 1968.Google Scholar
- A.A. Abrikosov, L.P. Gor'kov and I.E. Dzyaloshinski “Quantum field theory methods in statistical physics”, M. 1962.Google Scholar
- C. Itzykson and J.B. Zuber, “Quantum field theory” N.Y. 1980.Google Scholar