Mechanical properties of zirconium dioxide single crystals intended for structural applications
- 77 Downloads
New structural materials (single crystals obtained from partially stabilized zirconium dioxide) were studied. It was established that their physical and mechanical properties are certainly comparable to those of the other structural materials. We obtained new information regarding the mechanical behavior of the single crystals of zirconium dioxide that would facilitate further development of the technology of these materials and guide the studies on the mechanisms of their resistance to mechanical forces under different loading conditions.
KeywordsMechanical Property Dioxide Zirconium Structural Material Mechanical Behavior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Claussen, “High-temperature strengthening of zirconia-toughened ceramics,” in: Science of Hard Materials, E. A. Almond, C. A. Brookes, and R. Warren (eds.), Adam Hilger Ltd., Rhodes (1986), pp. 377–399.Google Scholar
- 2.R. R. Ingel, D. Lewis, B. A. Bender, and R. W. Rice, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., No. 9, 150–152 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Gogotsi, Ya. L. Grushevskii, V. P. Zavada, and A. N. Negovskii, Ogneupory, No. 8, 23–28 (1988); and No. 9, 33–36 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.G. A. Gogotsi, A. V. Drozdov, and M. Swein, Probl. Prochn., No. 1, 39–44 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Gogotsi, M. Swein, and J. Davis, Ogneupory, No. 1, 2–5 (1991).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Aleksandrov, V. V. Osiko, A. M. Prokhorov, and V. M. Tatarintsev, Usp. Khim.,47, No. 3, 385–427 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Osiko, M. A. Borik, and E. E. Lomonova, Am. Rev. Mater. Sci.,17, 101–122 (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Gogotsi, A. V. Drozdov, and S. Yu. Peichev, Probl. Prochn., No. 1, 73–77 (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.R. P. Ingel and D. Lewis, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., No. 4, 265–271 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.G. A. Gogotsi, V. P. Zavada, A. I. Fesenko, and V. I. Galenko, Crack Resistance of Zirconium Dioxide-Based Ceramics [in Russian], VINITI Report No. 269O. V89. 25.04.89 (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.G. A. Gogotsi, “Mechanics and physics of fracture of brittle materials,” in: Collection of Papers, Institute of Strength of Materials, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, Kiev (1990), pp. 59–66.Google Scholar