Determination of nitrogen and carbon in refractory nitrides and carbonitrides by means of Dumas gas chromatography
- 61 Downloads
The applicability of an automated Dumas-GC method for the determination of nitrogen and carbon in refractory materials was investigated. Analyses were carried out to determine nitrogen and carbon in TiN, ZrN and Ti(C,N) using CuO, V2O5 and Pb3O4 as oxidizing additives. The reproducibility of the analyses obtained with V2O5 was better than ± 1 rel% for major constituents. An estimation of the accuracy of the Dumas-GC method shows that this rapid and low-cost method can compete with other methods, at least for the refractory nitrides and carbonitrides of the transition metals.
Key wordsnitrides carbonitrides nitrogen determination carbon determination Dumas gas chromatography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Kern, G. Brauer,Talanta 1964,11, 1177.Google Scholar
- W. Lengauer,Talanta 1991,38(6), 659.Google Scholar
- E. Pella, B. Colombo,Mikrochim. Acta [Wien] 1973, 697.Google Scholar
- E. Pella, B. Colombo,Mikrochim. Acta [Wien] 1978,1, 271.Google Scholar
- P. P. Borda, P. Legzdius,Anal. Chem. 1980,52, 1778.Google Scholar