Honey as an environmental indicator: Effect of sample preparation on trace element determination by ICP-AES
Trace element concentrations in honey collected from a wide area can be used as an environmental indicator, but sample preparation methods prior to analysis can have large effects on the results. The efficiency and reproducibility of sample preparation methods (dilution, ashing and digestion) for simultaneous multi-element analysis have been compared for 13 elements. Digestion in a PTFE bomb was found to be the most reliable method.
Key wordsinductively coupled plasma spectrometry environmental analysis sample preparation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. A. Morse, D. J. Lisk,Am. Bee J. 1980,120, 522.Google Scholar
- M. D'Ambrosio, A. Marchesini,Atti. Soc. Ital. Sci. Nat. Museo civ. Stor. Nat. Milano 1982,123, 342.Google Scholar
- S. Bogdanov, B. Zimmerli, M. Erard,Mit. Gebiete Lebensm. Hyg. 1983,77, 153.Google Scholar
- K. C. Jones,Water Air Soil Pollut. 1987,33, 179.Google Scholar
- S. Gulyas,Molnarne Meheszet 1989,12, 12.Google Scholar