Central configurations and hyperbolic-elliptic motion in the three-body problem
- 51 Downloads
A refined classification of motion for the planar three-body problem with zero total energy is presented. In addition, the structure and size of the sets of initial conditions are obtained. Limited results for the spatial problem are also given.
KeywordsTotal Energy Limited Result Spatial Problem Central Configuration Refined Classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Broucke, R. and Walker, D. E.: 1980, this issue, p. 73.Google Scholar
- Chazy, J.: 1922,Ann. Sci. Ecole Norm. 39, 29.Google Scholar
- Hulkower, N. D.: 1978,Indiana Univ. Math. J. 27, 409.Google Scholar
- Saari, D. G.: 1971,Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 156, 219.Google Scholar
- Siegel, C. L. and Moser, J. K.: 1971,Lectures on Celestial Mechanics, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Waldvogel, J.: 1976,Celes. Mech. 14, 287.Google Scholar