Extremal measures for a system of orthogonal polynomials
- 57 Downloads
We characterize the extremal measures of an indeterminate moment problem associated with a system of orthogonal polynomials defined by a three-term recurrence relation.
AMS classificationPrimary 33D45 Secondary 30E05
Key words and phrasesOrthogonal polynomials Al-Salam-Chihara polynomials Indeterminate moment problems Extremal measures
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. A. Al-Salam, T. S. Chihara (1976).:Convolutions of orthogonal polynomials. SIAM J. Math. Anal.,7: 16–28.Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Askey, M. E. H. Ismail (1984):Recurrence relations, continued fractions and orthogonal polynomials. Mem. Amer. Math. Soc.,49: no. 300.Google Scholar
- 3.R. A. Askey, J. A. Wilson (1985):Some basic hypergeometric orthogonal polynomials that generalize Jacobi polynomials. Mem. Amer. Math. Soc.,54: no. 319.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Gasper, M. Rahman (1990): Basic Hypergeometric Series. Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications vol. 35. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- 5.M. E. H. Ismail, D. R. Masson (to appear)Q-Hermite polynomials, biorthogonal rational functions and q-beta integrals.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Moak (1981):The q-analogue of the Laguerre polynomials. J. Math. Anal. Appl..,81: 20–47.Google Scholar
- 7.F. W. J. Olver (1974).: Asymptotics and Special Functions. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Shohat, J. D. Tamarkin (1963): The Problem of Moments. Mathematical Surveys, No. 1. Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Szegö (1975): Orthogonal Polynomials, 4th edn. Colloquium Publications vol. XXIII. Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc 1993