A set modified equinoctial orbit elements
- 737 Downloads
Modified equinoctial elements are introduced which are suitable for perturbation analysis of all kinds of orbit. Equations of motion in Lagrangian and Gaussian forms are derived. Identities connecting the partial derivatives of the disturbing function with respect to equinoctial elements are established. Numerical comparisons of the evolution of a perturbed, highly eccentric, elliptic orbit analysed in equinoctial elements and by Cowell's method show satisfactory agreement.
KeywordsPartial Derivative Method Show Satisfactory Agreement Orbit Element Perturbation Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Broucke, R.A. and Cefola, P.J.: 1972,Celes. Mech. 5, 303–310.Google Scholar
- Cefola, P.J.: 1972,Equinoctial Orbit Elements-Application to Artificial Satellite Orbits, AIAA preprint 72-937.Google Scholar
- Cohen, C.J. and Hubbard, E.C.: 1962,Astron. Journal 67 (1), 10–15.Google Scholar
- Cornelisse, J.W., Shöyer, H.F.R., and Wakker, K.F.: 1979,Rocket Propulsion and Spacecraft Dynamics, Pitman.Google Scholar
- Giacaglia, G.E.O.: 1977,Celes. Mech. 15, 191–215.Google Scholar
- Kaula, W.M.: 1966,Theory of Satellite Geodesy, Blaisdell.Google Scholar
- Roth, E.A.: 1970,ZAMP 30 (2), 315–325.Google Scholar