Exact analytical solutions for frequency sensitivity of flat plates with respect to boundary shape change
- 64 Downloads
Exact analytical solutions for the natural frequency sensitivity of flat plates subjected to prescribed shape design changes are obtained. The results are based on the domain mapping idea and are restricted to certain simple changes in domain geometry. Since the approach is exact and analytical it may be used as a reference for a simple yet precise accuracy assessment of more sophisticated and general numerical calculations of boundary shape eigen value sensitivity.
KeywordsCivil Engineer Numerical Calculation Mapping Idea Flat Plate Shape Change
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adelman, H.M.; Haftka, R.T. 1986: Sensitivity analysis of discrete structural systems.AIAA J. 24, 823–832Google Scholar
- Kleiber, M.; Antunez, H.; Hien, T.D.; Kowalczyk 1997:Parameter sensitivity in nonlinear mechanics. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & SonsGoogle Scholar
- Liu, Z.S.; Hu, H.C. 1997: Eigenpair derivative with respect to boundary shape.AIAA J. 35, 167–171Google Scholar
- Liu, Z.S.; Hansen, J.S.; Oguamanam, D.C.D. 1998: Eigenvalue sensitivity analysis of stiffened plates with respect to the location of stiffeners.Struct. Optim. 16, 155–161Google Scholar
- Liu, Z.S.; Hu, H.C.; Wang, D.J. 1996: New method for deriving rate of eigenvalue with respect to support location.AIAA J. 34, 864–866Google Scholar
- Lund, E.; Olhoff, N. 1994: Shape design sensitivity analysis of eigenvalues using “exact” numerical differentiation of finite element matrices.Struct. Optim. 8, 52–59Google Scholar