On the Cook-Kuroda criterion in scattering theory
- 71 Downloads
A new criterion of the Cook-Kuroda type for the existence of the wave operator in the two-space scattering theory is introduced. The condition is quite simple, but it generalizes not only the original Cook-Kuroda condition but also its generalization recently given by Schechter. Specialized to the one-space case, it is actually equivalent to Schechter's condition for an optimal choice of factorization. An application to potential scattering leads to a new result.
KeywordsNeural Network Statistical Physic Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics Quantum Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schechter, M.: A new criterion for scattering theory. Duke Math. J.44, 863–872 (1977)Google Scholar
- 2.Simon, B.: Scattering theory and quadratic forms: On a theorem of Schechter. Commun. Math. Phys.53, 151–153 (1977)Google Scholar
- 3.Cook, J.M.: Convergence to the Møller wave-matrix. J. Math. Phys.36, 82–87 (1957)Google Scholar
- 4.Kuroda, S.T.: On the existence and the unitary property of the scattering operator. Nuovo Cimento12, 431–454 (1959)Google Scholar
- 5.Kato, T.: Scattering theory with two Hilbert spaces. J. Funct. Anal.1, 342–369 (1967)Google Scholar
- 6.Kato, T.: A second look at the essential selfadjointness of the Schrödinger operators. In: Physical reality and mathematical description, pp. 193–201. Dortrecht: Reidel 1974Google Scholar
- 7.Kato, T.: Perturbation theory for linear operators, 2nd ed. Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1976Google Scholar