Differential calculus on compact matrix pseudogroups (quantum groups)
- 294 Downloads
The paper deals with non-commutative differential geometry. The general theory of differential calculus on quantum groups is developed. Bicovariant bimodules as objects analogous to tensor bundles over Lie groups are studied. Tensor algebra and external algebra constructions are described. It is shown that any bicovariant first order differential calculus admits a natural lifting to the external algebra, so the external derivative of higher order differential forms is well defined and obeys the usual properties. The proper form of the Cartan Maurer formula is found. The vector space dual to the space of left-invariant differential forms is endowed with a bilinear operation playing the role of the Lie bracket (commutator). Generalized antisymmetry relation and Jacobi identity are proved.
KeywordsQuantum Group Differential Form Jacobi Identity Differential Calculus Proper Form
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Birman, J.: Braids, links, and mapping class groups. Ann. Math. Stud.82 (1974)Google Scholar
- 2.Connes, A.: Non-commutative differential geometry. Institut des Hautes Etudes Scientifiques. Extrait des Publications Mathématiques No. 62 (1986)Google Scholar
- 3.Drinfeld, V.G.: Quantum groups. Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians. Berkeley, CA, USA (1986), pp. 793–820Google Scholar
- 4.Jimbo, M.: Aq-analogue ofU(gl(N+1)), Hecke algebra and Yang-Baxter equation. Lett. Math. Phys.11, 247–252 (1986)Google Scholar
- 5.Koornwinder, T.H.: In preparationGoogle Scholar
- 6.Rosso, M.: Comparaison des groupes quantiques de Drinfeld et de Woronowicz. C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris304, 323–326 (1987)Google Scholar
- 7.Woronowicz, S.L.: Pseudospaces, pseudogroups and Pontriagin duality. Proceedings of the International Conference on Mathematics and Physics, Lausanne 1979. Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 116. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1980Google Scholar
- 8.Woronowicz, S.L.: TwistedSU(2) group. An example of a noncommutative differential calculus. Publ. Res. Inst. Math. Sci., Kyoto University23, 117–181 (1987)Google Scholar
- 9.Woronowicz, S.L.: Group structure on noncommutative spaces. Fields and Geometry 1986. Proceedings of the XXIInd Winter School and Workshop of Theoretical Physics, Karpacz, Poland, pp. 478–496. Singapore: World ScientificGoogle Scholar
- 10.Woronowicz, S.L.: Compact matrix pseudogroups. Commun. Math. Phys.111, 613–665 (1987)Google Scholar