On the structure of symmetry generators
- 67 Downloads
In a field theoretic framework we investigate generators of symmetry transformations induced by conserved local, not necessarily translationally covariant currents. Assuming the invariance of the vacuum and a mass gap, it is shown that the generator on one-particle states in general can be any polynomial of the generators of the Poincaré group and the internal symmetries. We give an example showing that the generator, defined as an integral over a conserved current, in spite of leaving the vacuum invariant, need not be self-adjoint.
KeywordsNeural Network Statistical Physic Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics Quantum Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Garber, W.D., Reeh, H.: J. Math. Phys.19, 59–66 (1978)Google Scholar
- 2.Garber, W.D., Reeh, H.: J. Math. Phys.19, 985–986 (1978)Google Scholar
- 3.Schwartz, J.: J. Math. Phys.2, 271–290 (1961)Google Scholar
- 4.Coleman, S., Mandula, J.: Phys. Rev.159, 1251–1256 (1967)Google Scholar
- 5.Lopuszanski, J.T.: J. Math. Phys.12, 2401–2412 (1971)Google Scholar
- 6.Kraus, K., Landau, L.J.: Commun. Math. Phys.24, 243–252 (1972)Google Scholar