Measures on projections and physical states
- 62 Downloads
It is shown that a finitely additive measure on the projections of a von Neumann algebra withoutI2 andII1 summands is the restriction of a state. A definition of a physical state is proposed, and it is shown that such a physical state on a simpleC*-algebra with unit is a state.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aarnes, J.F.: Quasi-states onC*-algebras. Trans. Am. Math. Soc.149, 601–625 (1970)Google Scholar
- 2.Dixmier, J.: LesC*-algebres et leurs representations. Paris: Gauthier-Villars 1969Google Scholar
- 3.Gleason, A.M.: Measures on closed subspaces of a Hilbert space. J. Math. Mech.6, 885–893 (1957)Google Scholar
- 4.Gunson, J.: Physical states on quantum logics. I. Ann. Inst. Henri Poincaré A17, 295–311 (1972)Google Scholar
- 5.Jauch, J.M.: Foundations of quantum mechanics. Reading. Mass.: Addison-Wesley 1968Google Scholar
- 6.Mackey, G.W.: Quantum mechanics and Hilbert space. Am. Math. Month.64, 45–57 (1957)Google Scholar
- 7.Pedersen, G.K.:C*-algebras and their automorphism groups. New York: Academic Press 1979Google Scholar
- 8.Takesaki, M.: Theory of operator algebras. I. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1979Google Scholar