Parasitic-capacitance-insensitive voltage-mode mosfet-C filters using differential current voltage conveyor
- 133 Downloads
A new CMOS realization of the differential current voltage conveyor (DCVC) is introduced. The properties of the DCVC are shown to be suitable for very large-scale integration applications employing metal oxide semiconductor transistors operating in an ohmic region. A novel voltage-mode integrator is introduced. Detailed analysis of the parasitic capacitances is included. Voltage-mode continuous-time filters that benefit from the current processing capabilities at the input terminals of the DCVC are presented. Self-compensation of the proposed circuits is also presented. The effectiveness of the proposed circuits is demonstrated through HSPICE simulations based on the AMI 1.2μm N-well level 3 parameters.
Key wordsActive Filters MOSFET-C Tow Thomas biquad universal filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Acar and S. Ozguz, A new versatile building block: Current differencing buffered amplifier suitable for analog signal processing,Microelectron. J., 30, 157–160, 1999.Google Scholar
- Budak and D. M. Petrela, Frequency limitations of active filters using operational amplifiers,IEEE Trans. Circuit Theor., CT-19, 322–328, 1972.Google Scholar
- J. Chen, H. Tsao, S. Liu, and W. Chui, Parasitic-capacitance-insensitive current-mode filters using operational transresistance amplifiers,IEE Proc. Circuits Devices Syst., 142, 186–192, 1995.Google Scholar
- J. Choma, Communication circuits: Societal philosophies and evolving roles,IEEE Circuits Syst. Society Newsletter, 9, 1998.Google Scholar
- Z. Czarnul, Novel MOS resistive circuit for synthesis of fully integrated continuous-time filters,IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., CAS-33, 718–721, 1986.Google Scholar
- M. H. Eltawil and A. M. Soliman, New precise SPICE macromodels for the current-feedback operational amplifier,Microelectron. J., 30, 841–849, 1999.Google Scholar
- H. Elwan and A. Soliman, CMOS differential current conveyors and applications for analog VLSI,Analog Integrated Circuits Signal Process., 11, 35–45, 1996.Google Scholar
- Linear Products Data Book, Analog Devices, Norwood, MA, 1990.Google Scholar
- S. Ozguz, A. Toker, and C. Acar, Current mode continuous-time fully integrated universal filter using CDBA,Electron. Lett., 35, 97–98, 1999.Google Scholar
- K. Salama and A. Soliman, Novel MOS-C qadrature oscillator using the differential current voltage conveyor, 42nd Midwest Symposium Circuits and Systems, 279–282, 1999.Google Scholar
- C. Toumazou, F. Lingey, and D. Haigh,Analogue IC Design: the Current Mode Approach, Peter Peregrinus, London, 1990.Google Scholar