A five-dimensional truncation of the plane incompressible Navier-Stokes equations
- 81 Downloads
A five-modes truncation of the Navier-Stokes equations for a two dimensional incompressible fluid on a torus is considered. A computer analysis shows that for a certain range of the Reynolds number the system exhibits a stochastic behaviour, approached through an involved sequence of bifurcations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lorenz, E.N.: J. Athmos. Sci.20, 130 (1963)Google Scholar
- 2.Henon, M.: Commun. math. Phys.50, 69 (1976)Google Scholar
- 3.Ruelle, D., Takens, F.: Commun. math. Phys.20, 167 (1971)Google Scholar
- 4.Ruelle, D.: Lectures at the International School of Mathematical Physics, Camerino (September-October 1974)Google Scholar
- 5.Ladyzhenskaya, O.A.: The mathematical theory of viscous incompressible flows. New York: Gordon and Breach 1969Google Scholar
- 6.Ioos, G.: Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal.64, 338 (1977)Google Scholar
- 7.Lanford, O.E.: Proceedings of Corso C.I.M.E. held at Bressanone (June 1976) (to be published)Google Scholar
- 8.Judovich, V.I.: (to be published) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Gallavotti, G.: Private communicationGoogle Scholar