Dirichlet forms on fractals: Poincaré constant and resistance
- 193 Downloads
We study Dirichlet forms associated with random walks on fractal-like finite grahs. We consider related Poincaré constants and resistance, and study their asymptotic behaviour. We construct a Markov semi-group on fractals as a subsequence of random walks, and study its properties. Finally we construct self-similar diffusion processes on fractals which have a certain recurrence property and plenty of symmetries.
Mathematics Subject Classification60 J 60
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barlow, M.T., Bass, R.F.: Construction of Brownian motion on the Sierpinski carpet. Ann. Inst. Henri Poincaré25, 225–257 (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.Barlow, M.T., Bass, R.F.: On the resistence of the Sierpinski carpet. Proc. R. Soc. Lond., Ser. A431, 345–360 (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Carlen, E.A., Kusuoka, S., Stroock, D.W.: Upper bounds for symmetric Markov transition functions. Ann. Inst. Henri Poincaré23, 245–287 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Kusuoka, S.: Lecture on diffusion processes on nested fractals. (Lect. Notes Math.) Berlin Heidelberg New York: Springer (to appear)Google Scholar
- 5.Lindstrøm, T.: Brownian motion on nested fractals. Mem. Am. Math. Soc.420, 1–128 (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.Moser, J.: On Harnack's theorem for elliptic differential equations. Commun. Pure Appl. Math.14, 577–591 (1961)Google Scholar
- 7.Nash, J.: Continuity of solutions of parabolic and elliptic equations. Am. J. Math.80, 931–954 (1958)Google Scholar