On the nonlinear boundary stabilization of Kirchhoff plates
We study the energy decay rate for a plate model under weak growth assumptions on the feedback function. Applying an integral inequality well adapted to this type of problems we improve some earlier results of Lagnese and of Rao in two respects: we weaken and simplify their growth assumptions and we use only one feedback instead of two as before.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. G. CIARLET,Mathematical Elasticity, Vol. 2, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1988Google Scholar
- F. CONRAD, B. RAO, Decay of solutions of wave equation in a star-shaped domain with nonlinear boundary feedback,Asymptotic Analysis 7, 159–177 (1993)Google Scholar
- V. KOMORNIK, On the boundary stabilization of plates,Metz Days, ed. M. Chipot and J. Saint Jean Paulin, Pitman Research Notes in Math., vol. 249, 105–111, Essex, UK, 1991Google Scholar
- V. KOMORNIK, Estimation d'énergie pour quelques systèmes dissipatifs semilinéaires,C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris Sér I Math. 314, 747–751 (1992)Google Scholar
- V. KOMORNIK, Stabilisation non linéaire de l'équation des ondes et d'un modèle de plaques,C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris Sér I Math. 315, 55–60 (1992)Google Scholar
- V. KOMORNIK, Decay estimates for the wave equation with internal damping, Proceedings of the Conference on control theory, Vorau, Austria, 1993, Birkhäuser, International Series Num. Analysis, to appearGoogle Scholar
- V. KOMORNIK, On the nonlinear boundary stabilization of the wave equation,Chin. Ann. of Math. 14B:2, 153–164 (1993)Google Scholar
- V. KOMORNIK, E. ZUAZUA, A direct method for the boundary stabilization of the wave equation,J. Math. Pures Appl. 69, 33–54 (1990)Google Scholar
- J. LAGNESE,Boundary Stabilization of Thin Plates, SIAM Studies in Applied Mathematics 10, SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1989Google Scholar
- I. LASIECKA, Stabilization of wave and plate-like equations with nonlinear dissipation on the boundary,J. Diff. Equations 79, 340–381 (1989)Google Scholar
- I. LASIECKA, Exponential decay rates for the solutions of Euler-Bernoulli equations with boundary dissipation occuring in the moments only, to appearGoogle Scholar
- B. RAO, Stabilization of Kirchhoff plate equation in star-shaped domain by nonlinear boundary feedback,Nonlinear Analysis 20:6, 605–625 (1993)Google Scholar