On a Toeplitz determinant identity of Borodin and Okounkov
- 170 Downloads
In this note we give two other proofs of an identity of A. Borodin and A. Okounkov which expresses a Toeplitz determinant in terms of the Fredholm determinant of a product of two Hankel operators. The second of these proofs yields a generalization of the identity to the case of block Toeplitz determinants.
AMS Subject Classification47B35
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
-  E. Basor and J. W. Helton,A new proof of the Szegö limit theorem and new results for Toeplitz operators with discontinuous symbol, J. Operator Th.3 (1980) 23–39.Google Scholar
-  A. Borodin and A. Okounkov,A Fredholm determinant formula for Toeplitz determinants, preprint, math.CA/9907165.Google Scholar
-  A. Böttcher and B. Silbermann, Analysis of Toeplitz Operators, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1989.Google Scholar
-  H. Widom,Toeplitz determinants with singular generating functions, Amer. J. Math.95 (1973) 333–383.Google Scholar
-  H. Widom,Asymptotic behavior of block Toeplitz matrices and determinants II, Adv. Math.21 (1976) 1–29.Google Scholar