On observability of singular systems
Concepts of observability and strong observability for singular systems are introduced and characterized geometrically in terms of the system matrices without using the Weierstrass decomposition. Duality relations between observability and controllability and that between reachability and strong observability are established. A canonical form for the action of the output injection group on the set of observable systems is presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Malabre, M., More geometry about singular systems, Rapport Interne No. 1.87, LANENSM, Nantes, 1987 (a shorter version is inProc. 26th IEEE CDC, pp. 1138–1139, Los Angeles, CA, December 1987).Google Scholar
- Cobb, J. D., Controllability, observability, and duality in singular systems,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control, Vol. 29, No. 12, pp. 1076–1082, December 1984.Google Scholar
- Yip, E. L., and Sincovec, E. F., Solvability, controllability, and observability of continuous descriptor systems,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 702–707, June 1981.Google Scholar
- Verghese, G. C., Levy, B. C., and Kailath, T., A generalized state-space for singular systems,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 811–831, August 1981.Google Scholar
- Rosenbrock, H. H., Structural properties of linear dynamical systems,Internat. J. Control, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 191–202, 1974.Google Scholar
- Banaszuk, A., Kociecki, M, and Przykuski, K. M., Remarks on duality between observation and control for implicit linear discrete-time systems,Proc. IFAC Workshop on System Structure and Control, pp. 257–260, Prague, Czechoslovakia, September 1989.Google Scholar
- Banaszuk, A., Kociecki, M., and Przyluski, K. M., Remarks on controllability of implicit linear discrete-time systems,Systems and Control Lett., Vol. 10, pp. 67–70, 1988.Google Scholar
- Özçaldiran, K., and Lewis, F. L., Some generalized notions of observability,Proc. 29th CDC, pp. 3635–3639, Honolulu, HI, December 1990.Google Scholar
- Özçaldiran, K., Control of Descriptor Systems, Ph.D. Thesis, School of Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, June 1985.Google Scholar
- Özçaldiran, K., and Lewis, F. L., On the regularizability of singular systems,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control, Vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1156–1160, October 1990.Google Scholar
- Özçaldiran, K., A complete classification of controllable singular systems, submitted, 1989.Google Scholar