Effect of acidification on atmospheric corrosion of structural metals in Europe
- 80 Downloads
Results of atmospheric corrosion tests for structural metals in the open air and under shelter gained within multilateral European programs are analyzed from the viewpoint of pollution effects. New results of statistical analysis of corrosion and environmental data for the UN ECE ICP and ISOCORRAG programs are compared, trends in Europe for the period 1987–1992 are shown. In the new pollution situation it will be necessary to consider combined effects with factors such as O3 and NO2 with specific aspects according to the type of exposure (open air, shelter, indoor).
Key wordsatmospheric corrosion structural metals effect of acidification trends in corrosivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ICP UN ECE Effects on materials, including historic and cultural monuments — Main Research Centre (SCI): 1988,Report No 1 — Technical manual Google Scholar
- ICP UN ECE Effects on materilas, including historic and cultural monuments — Main Research Centre (SCI): 1995a,Report No 18 — Statistical analysis of 4 year materials exposure and acceptable deterioration and pollution levels,Google Scholar
- ICP UN ECE Effects on materilas, including historic and cultural monumets — SVÚOM — subcentre for structural metals: 1995b,Report No 19 Trends in corrosivity based on corrosion rates and pollution data,Google Scholar
- ISOCORRAG — collaboration testing program for validization of corrosivity classification systems, main research centre SVUOM, PrahaGoogle Scholar
- Knotková D., Vrobel L.: 1988,Degradation of metals in atmosphere,ASTM STP 963, 248–263Google Scholar
- Knotková D., Bartoň K.: 1992,Atmospheric Environment Vol. 26A,17, 3169–3977Google Scholar
- Knotková D., Boschek P., Kreislová K.: 1994,Atmospheric Corrosion,ASTM STP 1239, 38–55Google Scholar
- Knotková D., Vlcková J., Kreislová K.: 1995,Corrosion 95, Paper 234 Google Scholar
- Lipfert F.W., Bennari M., Daum M.L.: 1985,Environmental Systems Analyses Group. Report Google Scholar
- Morcillo M.: 1994,Atmospheric Corrosion,ASTM STP 1239 Google Scholar