The crystal and molecular structure of a new polymorph of carbonylhydridotris(triphenylphosphine)rhodium(I) having a Rh-H stretching absorption at 2013 cm−1
A new polymorph of HRh(CO)(PPh3)3, with a υRh-H of 2013 cm−1, has been isolated by crystallization fromtert-butyl methyl ether/tetrahydrofuran. The crystals are monoclinic (space groupP21/n), witha=21.48(2) Å,b=14.92(2)Å,c=14.52(1)Å,β=107.95(8)°. A finalR value of 0.065 was obtained using 2243 reflections which hadInet>2.5σ(Inet). The structure of the new polymorph has a similar coordination geometry to the known polymorph, but a different conformation of one of the phenyl rings.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ahmad, N., Levison, J. J., Robinson, S. D., and Uttley, M. F. (1974)Inorg. Synth. 15, 59.Google Scholar
- Bath, S. S., and Vaska, L. (1963)J. Am. Chem. Soc. 85, 3500.Google Scholar
- Buckingham, J. (1984) (ed.)Dictionary of organometallic compounds, Vol. 2 (Chapman and Hall, London) p. 1737.Google Scholar
- Daly, J. J. (1964)J. Chem. Soc. 3799.Google Scholar
- Gabe, E. J., Le Page, Y., Charland, P. F., Lee, F. L., and White, P. S. (1989)J. Appl. Cryst. 22, 384.Google Scholar
- Hill, R. R., and Rendall, D. A. E. (1975)The interpretation of infrared spectra. (Heyden, London) p. 52.Google Scholar
- Jardine, F. H. (1982)Polyhedron 1, 569.Google Scholar
- La Plaça, S. J., and Ibers, J. A. (1965)Acta Cryst. 18, 511.Google Scholar
- Pierpont, C. G., and Eisenberg, R. (1972)Inorg. Chem. 11, 1094.Google Scholar