Design of FIR digital filters with flatness constraints for the error function
- 62 Downloads
A method will be presented for the approximation of a desired frequency response by the frequency response of a FIR filter. It is possible to match the functional values and an arbitrary number of derivatives of both responses for zero frequency, thus making the error flat up to a desired degree. Remaining degrees of freedom are used for a weightedL2-approximation. Closed form design formulae will be given.
KeywordsFrequency Response Closed Form Error Function Arbitrary Number Digital Filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Steffen, Fourier-approximation with interpolative constraints,AEÜ, Band 38, Heft 6, (1984), 363–367.Google Scholar
- H. W. Schuessler and P. Steffen, An approach for designing systems with prescribed behavior at distinct frequencies regarding additional constraints, Proceedings of the ICASSP 1985, Tampa, USA, 61–64.Google Scholar
- P. Steffen, On digital smoothing filters: a brief review of closed form solutions and two new filter approaches,Circuits, Systems, Signal Processing,5 (2), (1986), 187–210.Google Scholar
- H. W. Schuessler and P. Steffen, Some Topics in Advanced Filter Design, inAdvanced Topics in Signal Processing, J. S. Lim and A. V. Oppenheim, (eds). Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1988.Google Scholar
- R. W. Hamming,Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- P. Steffen, private communication.Google Scholar
- R. Rabenstein, Design of FIR Digital Filters with Prescribed Derivatives at Zero Frequency, Proceedings 1989 URSI International Symposium on Signals, Systems and Electronics, Erlangen, Germany, 705–708.Google Scholar
- R. Rabenstein, Diskrete Simulation linearer mehrdimensionaler kontinuierlicher System, (Discrete Simulation of Linear Multidimensional Continuous Systems), Dissertation, Erlangen, Germany, 1991 (in German).Google Scholar
- R. Rabenstein, Stimulation of linear continuous systems with distributed parameters, Simulation Practice and Theory, 1993, in press.Google Scholar