The nursing information systems: Collaborative design of healthcare information systems
This paper will describe a participatory design process by which individuals from many levels of hierarchy and diverse technical background envisioned and then determined the design criteria for the software system to support the delivery of high quality nursing services.
KeywordsHuman centered design Participatory design User interfaces
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aiken, L. and Claire M. Fagin eds. (1992) Charting Nursing's Future: Agenda for the 1990s; J.B. Lippincott Co. Philadelphia Pa. USA; 1992.Google Scholar
- Broad, Judith and Ruth Robarts (1995) Application for Federal Assistance, Proposal to the FMCS, submitted May 9, 1995.Google Scholar
- Emspak, Frank (1996). Participatory Design: Examples and Institutional Needs. In PDC'96 Proceedings of the Participatory Design Conference (J. Blomberg, F. Kensing and E.A. Dykstra-Ericson Eds.) CPSR, Palo Alto Ca. 111–115.Google Scholar
- Ferreira, Eleonora Castano and Joao Castano Ferreira. Making Sense of the Media, A Handbook of Popular Education Techniques; Monthly Review Press, NY, USA. 1997.Google Scholar
- Robarts, R., S.J. Trimborn (1995). Collaborative Design of Healthcare Information Systems: A Report on A Pilot Union Management Project.; 5th IFAc Symposium on Automated Systems Based on Human Skill, Berlin, Germany 1995.Google Scholar
- Trimborn, S.J. (1997). Notes of the NISDG, Madison WI. 1997.Google Scholar