Effect of heat transfer on compressible boundary layer flow over a circular cylinder
The effect of heat transfer on the steady laminar compressible boundary layer flow past a horizontal circular cylinder has been studied. The resulting coupled nonlinear partial differential equations have been solved numerically using a very efficient finite-difference scheme. Specific results are given for the boundary layer separation parameter and the skin friction and heat transfer coefficients.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brown, S. N.: The effect of heat transfer on boundary layer growth. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc.29, 789–802 (1963).Google Scholar
- Stewartson, K.: The theory of laminar boundary layers in compressible fluids. Oxford: University Press 1964.Google Scholar
- Stewartson, K.: Correlated incompressible and compressible boundary layers. Proc. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A200, 84–100 (1949).Google Scholar
- Merkin, J. H.: Mixed convection from a horizontal circular cylinder. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer20, 73–77 (1977).Google Scholar
- Keller, H. B.: Numerical methods in boundary layer theory. Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech.10, 417–433 (1978).Google Scholar