Elastic waves in randomly stratified medium. Numerical calculations
- 41 Downloads
The propagation of elastic harmonic waves through a stratified slab is investigated. It is assumed a nonzero angle of inclination of an incident wave. The equations for the amplitudes of reflected and transmitted waves obtained in reference  are transformed to a form more convenient for numerical calculations and generalized for more complicated laminates. an example of the elastic waves propagating through the steel-titanium laminate in aluminimm environment is studied numerically. The limiting case where the density of stratification of the slab tends to infinity is analyzed. The dependence of the effective reflection properties on the material parameters of the strata is presented.
KeywordsReflection Dynamical System Stratification Numerical Calculation Fluid Dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kotulski, Z.: Elastic waves in randomly stratified media. Analytical results. Acta Mech.83, 61–75 (1990).Google Scholar
- Ziegler, F.: Wave propagation in periodic and disordered layered composite elastic materials. Int. J. Solids Structures13, 293–305 (1977).Google Scholar
- Becus, G.: Wave propagation in imperfectly periodic structures: a random evolution approach. ZAMP29, 252–261 (1978).Google Scholar
- Berger, M. A.: Central limit theorem for products of random matrices. Trans. A.M.S.285, 777–803 (1984).Google Scholar
- Technical mechanics, vol. 3, Vibrations and waves. Warsaw: Polish Scientific Editors 1986.Google Scholar
- Tuma, J. J.: Handbook of physical calculations. McGraw-Hill 1976.Google Scholar
- Kotulski, Z.: Wave propagation in a randomly stratified medium. J. Sound Vibration128, 195–208 (1989).Google Scholar
- Kotulski, Z.: On the effective reflection properties of the randomly stratified elastic slab. ZAMM70, T211-T213 (1990).Google Scholar