Simple analysis of a fluid queue driven by an M/M/1 queue
- 275 Downloads
In this note we consider the fluid queue driven by anM/M/1 queue as analysed by Virtamo and Norros [Queueing Systems 16 (1994) 373–386]. We show that the stationary buffer content in this model can be easily analysed by looking at embedded time points. This approach gives the stationary buffer content distribution in terms of the modified Bessel function of the first kind of order one. By using a suitable integral representation for this Bessel function we show that our results coincide with the ones of Virtamo and Norros.
KeywordsFluid queue alternating renewal process M/M/1 queue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.A. Abramowitz and I.A. Stegun (eds.),Handbook of Mathematical Functions (Dover, New York, 1972).Google Scholar
- D.P. Gaver and R.G. Miller, Limiting distributions for some storage problems, in:Studies in Applied Probability and Management Science, eds. K.J. Arrow, S. Karlin and H. Scarf (Stanford University Press, Stanford, 1962) pp. 110–126.Google Scholar
- O. Kella and W. Whitt, A storage model with a two-state random environment, Oper. Res. 40 (1992) S257-S262.Google Scholar
- L. Kleinrock,Queueing Systems, Vol. I: Theory (Wiley, New York, 1975).Google Scholar
- J. Virtamo and I. Norros, Fluid queue driven by anM/M/1 queue, Queueing Systems 16 (1994) 373–386.Google Scholar