Photochromism and the spectral properties of bispiroanthro-bis-oxazine
The spectral and photochromic properties of bispiroanthro-bis-oxazine (bis-SAO) in toluene, DMF, and polystyrene films were investigated in the 77–300 K interval. It is shown that the long-wave part of the absorption spectrum of the starting form of the molecule is formed by three-electron transitions localized in the anthro-bis-oxazine fragment. The directions of the oscillators of these transitions relative to the nuclear. backbone of the molecule are proposed on the basis of luminescence polarization data. It is proposed that the photochromic properties of the solutions are determined by the existence of bis-SAO molecules in dimer form.
Keywordsphotochromism spectral properties bispiroanthro-bis-oxazine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Ya. Vlasenko, V. S. Marevtsev, N. L. Zaichenko, and M. I. Cherkashin,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 9, 2179 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Luchina, V. S. Marevtsev, I. Yu. Sychev, et al.,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 93 (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.V. G. Luchina, I. Yu. Sychev, V. S. Marevtsev, et al.,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 99 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Ya. Simkin, V. I. Minkin, and L. E. Nivorozhkin,Khim. Geterosikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1180 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Gordon and R. Ford,A Chemist's Companion: A Handbook of Practical Data, Techniques, and References, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.C. Parker,Photoluminescence of Solutions, Elsevier, New York (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.S. McGlynn, T. Azami, and M. Kinoshita,Molecular Spectroscopy of the Triplet State, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.P. P. Feofilov,Polarization of Luminescence of Atoms, Molecules and Crystals [in Russian], Gos. Izd. Fiz. Mat. Lit., Moscow (1959).Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Luchina, Yu. D. Khamchukov, V. S. Marevtsev, et al.,Khim. Fizika,7, No. 12, 1661 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.V. G. Luchina, Yu. D. Khamchukov, V. S. Marevtsev, et al.,Khim. Fizika,9, No. 2, 218 (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.I. G. Kaplan,Introduction to the Theory of Intermolecular Interactions [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar