Estimation of retrial rate in a retrial queue
We consider estimation of the rate of retrials for anM/M/1 repeated orders queueing system with the help of integral estimators. The main problem is connected with the statistical accuracy of the estimator, i.e. with its variance. We derive a simple asymptotic formula for this variance when the interval of observation is long. In connection with this problem we introduce a new Markovian description of retrial queues.
KeywordsRetrial queues rate of retrials statistical inference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V.E. Benes, The covariance function of a simple trunk group with applications to traffic measurement, Bell Syst. Tech. J. 40 (1961) 117–148.Google Scholar
- G. Falin, A survey of retrial queues, Queueing Systems 7 (1990) 127–168.Google Scholar
- M.G. Kendall and A. Stuart,The Advanced Theory of Statistics, Vol. 1 (Hafner, New York, 1958).Google Scholar
- V.G. Kulkarni, On queueing systems with retrials, J. Appl. Prob. 20 (1983) 380–389.Google Scholar
- A. Lewis and G. Leonard, Measurements of repeat call attempts in the intercontinental telephone service,Proc. ITC-10, 1982, Session 2.4, Paper No. 2.Google Scholar
- S.R. Neal and A. Kuczura, A theory of traffic-measurement errors for loss systems with renewal input,Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems 98 (Springer, 1974) pp. 199–229.Google Scholar
- R. Warfield and G. Foers, Application of Bayesian teletraffic measurement to system with queueing or repeated calls,Teletraffic Issues in an Advanced Information Society, ITC-11 (North-Holland, 1985) pp. 1003–1009.Google Scholar
- T. Yang and J.G.C. Templeton, A survey on retrial queues, Queueing Systems 2 (1987) 201–233.Google Scholar