Selected equation of state in the acentric factor system
- 130 Downloads
A new equation of state in the acentric factor system is developed on the basis of high-precision data. The region inTr,ρr space where there is good agreement is identified, as well as the regions of significant departures. The equation fits very well in the critical region.
Key wordsacentric factor corresponding states equation of state virial coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. S. Pitzer,J. Am. Chem. Soc. 77:3427 (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.K. S. Pitzer, D. Z. Lippmann, R. F. Curl, Jr., C. M. Huggins, and D. E. Petersen,J. Am. Chem. Soc. 77:3433 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.R. F. Curl, Jr., and K. S. Pitzer,Ind. Eng. Chem. 50:265 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.K. S. Pitzer and R. F. Curl, Jr.,J. Am. Chem. Soc. 79:2369 (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.J. B. Opfell, B. H. Sage, and K. S. Pitzer,Ind. Eng. Chem. 48:2069 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Yamada,AIChE J. 19:286 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.J. C. Dymond and E. B. Smith,The Second Virial Coefficients of Gases: A Critical Compilation (Clarendon, Oxford, 1980).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Rabinovich, A. A. Vasserman, V. I. Nedostup, and L. S. Veksler,Thermophysical Properties of Neon, Argon, Krypton, and Xenon (English translation) (Hemisphere, Washington, D.C., 1988).Google Scholar
- 9.B. A. Younglove and J. F. Ely,J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 16:577 (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.R. B. Jacobsen, Ph.D. thesis (Washington State University, Pullman, 1972).Google Scholar