Free oscillation of a curvilinear rod
- 13 Downloads
A method and finite-element algorithm are presented for determining the frequencies and form of free oscillations of elastic curvilinear rods with finite rigidity under deflection. Numerical examples are introduced in order to investigate the dependence of the precision of the calculated frequencies and the form of the oscillations on the method of division into finite elements.
KeywordsFree Oscillation Calculated Frequency Finite Rigidity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Bathe and E. Wilson, Numerical Methods of Analysis and the Method of Finite Elements [Russian translation], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Lur'e, “Small deformations of curvilinear rods,” Tr. Leningrad. Politekh. Inst. No. 3, 148–157 (1941).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Parlett, The Symmetric Eigenvalue Problem. Numerical Methods [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.I. A. Birger and Ya. G. Panovko (eds.), Tensile Strength, Stability, Oscillations, a Handbook in Three Volumes, Vol. 1 [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.G. N. Savin and N. P. Fleishman, Plates and Shells with Reinforcements [in Russian], Naukova Dumka (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Strang and G. Fix, Theory of the Finite-Element Method [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar