Bounded solutions of the Schrödinger equation on noncompact Riemannian manifolds
- 44 Downloads
Necessary and sufficient geometric conditions are proved for the equation Δu−Q(x)u=0, Q(x)≥0, to have a bounded nontrivial solution on a noncompact Riemannian manifold. The results imply as corollaries conditions for parabolicity and stochastic completeness of a manifold, previously established by other methods.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Y. Cheng and S. T. Yau, “Differential equations on Riemannian manifolds and their geometric applications,” Comm. Pure Appl. Math.,28, No. 3, 333–354 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Grigor'yan, “On stochastically complete manifolds,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,290, No. 3, 534–537 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Grigor'yan, “On the existence of positive fundamental solutions of the Laplace equation on Riemannian manifolds,” Mat. Sb.,128, No. 3, 354–363 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.E. B. Davies, “L1 properties of second order elliptic operators,” Bull. London Math. Soc.,17, No. 5, 417–436 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Sario, M. Nakai, C. Wang and L. O. Chung, Classification Theory of Riemannian Manifolds, Lecture Notes Math.,605 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.N. T. Varopoulos, “Potential theory and diffusion on Riemannian manifolds,” in: Conferencec on Harmonic Analysis in Honor of Antoni Zygmund, I, II, Chicago, Ill., 1981, Wadsworth Math. Ser. (1983), pp. 821–837.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Federer, Geometric Measure Theory, Springer, Berlin (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Greene and W. Wu, Function Theory of Manifolds which Possess a Pole, Lecture Notes Math.,699 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.K. Ichihara, “Curvature, geodesics and the Brownian motion on a Riemannian manifold,” Nagoya Math. J.,87, 101–125 (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Azencott, “Behavior of diffusion semi-groups at infinity,” Bull. Soc. Math. (France),102, 193–240 (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.S. T. Yau, “On the heat kernel of complete Riemannian manifold,” J. Math. Pure. Appl. Ser. 9,57, No. 2, 191–201 (1978).Google Scholar
- 12.P. Li and R. Schoen, “LP and mean value properties of subharmonic functions on Riemannian manifolds,” Acta Math.,153, Nos. 3–4, 279–301 (1984).Google Scholar