Eulerian prediction of the fluid/particle correlated motion in turbulent two-phase flows
- 282 Downloads
An approximate equation governing the turbulent fluid velocity encountered along discrete particle path is used to derive the fluid/particle turbulent moments required for dispersed two-phase flows modelling. Then, closure model predictions are compared with results obtained from large-eddy simulation of particle fluctuating motion in forced isotropic fluid turbulence.
Key wordstwo-phase flows second-moment modelling large-eddy simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Csanady, G.T.: 1963,J. Atm. Sc. 20, 201–208.Google Scholar
- 2.Deutsch, E. and Simonin, O.: 1991,Turb. Mod. in Multiphase Flows ASME FED 110, 35–42.Google Scholar
- 3.Haworth, D.C. and Pope, S.B.: 1986,Phys. Fluids. 29, 387–405.Google Scholar
- 4.Rogers, M.M., Mansour N.N. and Reynolds, W.C.: 1989,J. Fluid Mech. 203, 77–101.Google Scholar
- 5.Simonin, O.: 1990,Proc. 5th Workshop on Two-Phase Flow Predictions, LSTM Erlangen, 156–166.Google Scholar
- 6.Simonin, O.: 1991,Proc. 4th Int. Symp. on Gas-Solid Flows ASME FED 121, 197–206.Google Scholar
- 7.Squires, K.D. and Eaton, J.K.: 1991,J. Fluid Mech. 226, 1–35.Google Scholar
- 8.Tchen, C.M.: 1947,Ph.D. thesis, University of Delft, The Hague.Google Scholar